Clint and I were debating on when to tell people, I was really nervous that I would miscarry and didn't want to get everyone's hopes up and then let them down, so we thought 10.5 weeks would be good enough! We thought about doing it for my mom's birthday which was the 6th of Nov, but we came to the conclusion that halloween would be way more memorable! SO, I got brainstorming, their are so many things out there I was thinking it would be cute if I wore a shirt that said "future mummy" and clint wear a shirt that says "the world's greatest dad" but after deliberating with a few people we decided on BUN baker and BUN maker :) It was fun making the shirts and thanks to wendi sunderhaus I had a fabulous apron to go with it!
We always have a halloween dinner at my mom's house so I thought it would be perfect to have everyone around the dinner table to spill the beans. WELP you guessed it, my dad was late from football practice with james, james ended up bringing a friend home (awkward) and jared was at the gym so I was trying not to get impatient or ruin the night. We had a little poem we were going to share right after prayer. WELL an hour later we were ready to eat dinner! The prayer was said (don't even remember who said it, either does clint because our hearts were beating so stinkin fast) but we stood up and read this poem…
"trick or treat, trick or treat
we've got a surprise so take a seat
we've lied, we've fibbed but it was all out of love,
the truth is we've had to,
MAKE and BAKE our little BUN from above"
cheesy I KNOW! but i think clever! SO after we fumbled over our words everyone jumped up and hugged us and were thrilled! My mom was even surprised {she thinks she knows everything, but I had her totally convinced we weren't} anyway!
Jared was the only one not their and he came in later and we told him the poem and he was kinda like uh..haha yeah! and then I was like JARED we are PREGNANT and he was like OH haha, "IT'S about time!" haha!
we then left there and headed to stan and lori's! We weren't really sure how to do it, because we know dad doesn't come to the door, so we came in and just visited for a while and clint went and got dad and told him he had a special halloween poem so he came in the room and we told them and MOM jumped out of her seat and dad smiled in his chair, we shared some special experiences and then the tears came! IT was great!
we then proceeded to the other siblings home and trick or treated their, natalie and jt had their suspicions because of the questions we had been asking, but kadee and steve had no idea, burt and emallee kind of knew because we skyped with them! Ellee and Emmee already knew because they are far away! and we texted dallon he said he knew and we are having a girl! ha!
ALL IN ALL it was a blast, something I hope I never forget! Clint and I are excited for the adventures that are coming, we know it will change our lives, but we know it is time! We know we have so many people that love us and will help us through it all :)
thanks for all the congratulations we are thrilled, excited, nervous, anxious, happy, worried and emotions we have never felt haha!

1 comment:
Congrats to you two! So happy for you
Post a Comment