Saturday, August 20, 2011

OK-lahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the...

PLAINS! :) haha, and let me tell you there is lots there! BUT it was so beautiful and a wonderful change of scenery! here is a picture right in ellee's backyard!


I had such a blast with the ellee and her family and emmee and her family! It was so nice just catchin up, relaxing and enjoying the country! The first day I got there there was A HUGE storm, like huge, that knocked our power out for 15+ hours! It was kind of hilarious because I left with no AC and then flew to Oklahoma with no AC! haha, but regardless we made it work and I slept just fine!

One thing that I really loved about OK was the laid back vibes. I feel like sometimes my life gets so busy that I forget to just enjoy the everyday things. I loved waking up and just playing with the kids and talking! I loved spending time with my nephews and nieces and getting to know them better! I kind of feel like they are my own! Being an aunt is the best ever! YOU get to love them and hopefully teach them things that sometimes they don't want to learn from the parents! Being an aunt has taught me a tremendous amount about children and has given me a sense of what it is going to be like to be a parent. Granted I don't have them everyday and every moment, but I guess I am just grateful that I got to be an aunt before I become a parent! anyway, moving on!

HAD a blast taking pictures and playing with all the kids :) the picture hopefully do it justice!

They waited to celebrate bensen's birthday till I got there! Glad I could be there to celebrate, he was being kind of a stinker, but I got one of him smiling!!

Then all the rest of the days were full of playing!!





the above picture is just one of the many faces I got when I asked merik to look at the camera! IT must run in the family! Ellee does it and SO does CLINT! haha





I had a bit of an addiction to Braums ice cream! it was a bit embarrassing I think we went three night in a row! whoops! haha





here is a video of brynlee's awesome moves :)


bensen wasn't having much of the camera, he was in his own little world, so I didn't get very many of him! SOrry em!



3 comments:

Alex and Emmee Avans said...

great post!!! miss you!

Andrea said...

Beautiful pics! looks like lots of fun, too :)

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

Love you E!!! love this post too...and you need to mentions that YOU HAD TO HAVE BRAUMS 3 nights in a row!