Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a fast/long past month...

TIME has gone by so slow, yet so fast! Can't believe it is already JUNE 26th…and next week is JULY!!!! We have had a birth, our 3rd anniversary {we will celebrate later haha}, sisters birthdays, and a bumpy first month...

The first month of being a mom has been the most difficult thing I have ever experienced...
hormones are NUTS, emotions are everywhere and the no sleep thing is really hard.

We have had a rough start…I had this CRAZY rash…it was like chicken pox. I would have rather given birth again than have that rash. It was HORRIBLE. I wanted to rip my skin off…it is not very common, but lucky me I got it. Apparently it is from an overactive liver during pregnancy, but it was suppose to go away after birth, but mine escalated. Still have some of it, but not nearly as itchy. Gonna have scars though for sure.



THEN Elsie at seven days old got an eye infection {clogged tear duct that got infected} so we decided to put her on antibiotics…which affected her eating {so we thought} and she was cranky cranky cranky.
Later we found out she was just hungry…my milk supply was low and she wasn't getting what she needed. So. we had ONE cranky little girl. We started supplementing with formula and she was much happier and started gaining weight at a healthier level.
But still…my milk wasn't where it should be, so. I got on an herb called fenugreek and that has seemed to be helping now, along with pumping and we got her latch fixed. Had a lactation specialist come and man…total Godsend. I finally feel like we have the eating under control!
NOW…
we just need to get the sleeping during the day time under wraps. She has been a really good night sleeper {getting 4-5 hr stretches, then 3 and 1/2 after her early morning feeding} so not to shabby, but durning the day she has a harder time. She has to be held. BUT.
these next couple weeks, going to let her cry and it out and let her soothe herself to sleep…gonna be hard!

BUT it will be so worth it!!

grateful for all the help, meals, service, phone calls, texts, face-book messages we have received! We feel so loved! Thank you to everyone that has thought of us and made this transition a little easier :) SO grateful for friends and family!

Chilling with Grandma :) love this picture :) 

SO GRATEFUL for the sleepy times…this was a particular cranky day...

happy father's day to clint :) CAN NOT believe we are parents!!! craziness...
took her awhile to be happy in the bath, but I think we have gotten there :)
haven't been in the mood to take pictures, but I am wanting too more and more :) she has already changed so much!! 

3 comments:

Adria said...

Motherhood is the most rewarding & most difficult thing you will do. It takes a while to get adjusted, but one day you just wake up and realize you don't need as much sleep as you thought:) Have you heard of Becoming Babywise? That book is my baby bible and helped me out so much through the newborn stages. Enjoy that sweet little doll of yours:)

Alexis Kaye said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute!!! And I'm sorry about your rash! That sounds awful! And I hear breastfeeding can be so hard and so frustrating. My sister used that supplement too and it helped her a lot. Best wishes for everything! :)

cosmo and jenn said...

at least you have taken some good pictures! i love the last three you posted of her in her crib. with van, i was in such a daze, we seriously have maybe a handful of not very good pictures from his first few months.. maybe it was his lumpy head and extreme baby acne that scared me off from taking pictures! poor kid..